Bethlehem (Arabic: يْ تِ بَلَ , حْ LauHelp Information, Published "House of Meat"; Hebrew: בֵּית, Beat Lehem, published House of Bread; Greek: Β ηθa ε.Bethlem) in the mid-West Bank, about 10 kilometers (6 miles) south of Yerusalam, a Palestinian city in the south, with its population is about 30,000. This is the center of Palestinian National Authority, the capital and Palestinian culture and Governorate tourism, the Palestinian Authority of Israel (Palestinian Authority). The Beat Lehem in the Hebrew Bible is identified as and as a city in David, where his coronation was held as the king of Israel. Matthew Matth and Luke is said to be the birthplace of Nazareth in the country of Nazareth for Nazareth. One of the oldest Christian communities in the world resides in this city, even though mutation has resulted in a shrinking community.
|・ Arabic||ب ي ت ل ح م|
|・ And||Beit Lah m (official)|
BaytLah m (unadirmal)
|・ System||City (since 1995)|
|・ Nagar head||Victor Bat arseh|
|Namka Artha||house of meat Arabic; house of bread (Hebrew)|
The insurgency in AD 529 was looted in the city by empires during the ransom of the people, but it was reconstructed by Greek ruler AKP first. The Arab Khalifai of the Umar Ibn al-Khatab won Bethalham in AD 637, gave assurance to the city's religious holy places. In 1099 the armed forces occupied Bethlehem and conquered it by forcing a fortress and appointed a Latin plant instead of the Greek Orthopox plant. Sultan Salahdin of Egypt and Syria was conquered by the city of Lattians. In AD 1250, along with the advent of the mamalukas in AD, the walls of this city were demolished and later re-built during the rule of autuman dynasty.
During the First World War, the British Army automatically withdrew control of the city and joined it in an international area under the United Nations Plan for Palestine in 1947. In the Arab-Israeli war of 1948, Jordan conquered the city. In the six-day war of 1967, Israel occupied it. From 1995, Palestinian National Authority (Yemen National Authority) is controlled on Bethlehem.
Bethlehem is a Muslim majority, but it also houses one of the largest Palestinian Christian communities. Bethlewe are also included beat jala (Beit Jala) and Beat Sahur (Beit Sahour) and also 'Aida ('Aida) and Azza (Azza) refugee camps. Bethlehem main economic part is tourism, which occurs on its peak in the Christmas weather, when Christian pilgrims rush into the church of Church Nativity) of Jesus the birthplace. Bethlehem is over thirty hotel and three hundred stem factory. The path of the rachel, lies at the entrance to an important Jewish holy place, Bethlehem.
The first historic mention of the city, Amanna letters (Amar Letters) When, in view of the provisions created by the Apiru, the king of Jerusalem appeals to return to its lord, the king of Egypt, from the "pending,Lah-free". Since the rising of the Jewish and Arab people had not grown in this area till that time, it is believed to have a similarity of the name which reveals that to its modern form, it must have been a colonies of Canaanites, who later share a cultural and language tradition with the asami community.
The Bethlehem, written in the bay-ham (Ephrath), written in the Bible, it could only mean "Uphau", because one of its mention in the Book of Michaah would be, as Ifu's Efrith. It's also known as Beth-Lehem Judaah and "A City of David". The first mention of it, Stankh and Bible, as places in the Bible where Abramic Kulamata Rachel died and burnt 'on the side of the road.' 48:7). The solution of the rachel lies at the entrance of traditional graveyard, Bethlehem. According to Ruth's book (Book of Ruth), the Ruth of Moab in the valley in the east direction was the beat of Moab) and they came back to this city with Naomi. Bethlehem, the second king of Israel, is the traditional birthplace of the second king and place where he was released by samyul. When they were hidden in the cave of Adulama, three warriors of Bethlehem burnt them down by the wall of Bethlehem.
Roman and Greek period
After the possession of this place in the Kokhaba rebellion, Roman people settled in this city during 132-135. The military orders from Hadrian had expelled its Jewish residents. During the reign of Bethlehem, Roman people built a pilgrimage site of Adenis to a Greek community; When, in the first Greek ruler, Kongtynn's mother, left Baathlehem, a church was built.
During the Syrian uprising of 529 AD, the Bethlehem ramped in Bethlehem, destroyed the Church churches of the Nativity, on the wall of Isa and the birth church (of the NDA), but soon reconstructed the king Justice First. In AD 614, the Persian Saminid invaded the Palestine and occupied the Bathelham. He did not break the church by watching a magician, in a mosaic, described in subsequent sources.
birthplace of Jesus
There are two places in the ament New Deal that Jesus was born on the Bethlehem. According to Lük's religious country (Gospel of Luke), Jesus's parents were living in Nazareth, but they returned to Bethlehem for the 6 Aisvi's census, and Jesus was born on their return to Nazareth.
According to the description in Matthew's religious country (Gospel of Matth ew), the family was lived in Bethlehem already, and later they lost in Nazareth. According to Matthew, Herod the Great (Herod the Great) said that 'a king of Jews' was born in Bethlehem, and permitted to kill children under that city and its neighborhood and every child of age. Joseph, the secular father of Jesus, was warned by a dream that his family had been left to Egypt to escape the following misfortune, while he returned to Herod's death. But he is being warned not to return to India in another dream, Joseph renders his family up to Galilei and go to Nazareth.
The first Christianity described in the book of Micah (Book of Micah) and the author as the prophecy of the birth of a Messiah in Bethalham. Many modern scholars questioning all that really happened when Jesus was born in Bethlehem and suggested that the invention of different writings in religious countries was invented to make them realize the prophecy of King David and his relation to that of the race. Mark's country (Gospel of Mark) and John's religious country (Gospel of Mark) or John's birth, do not include any indication that Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and he only refers to him as a non-Nazareth. Archioology (Archaeology) In an article published in the magazine in 2005, Archeological Non-breaking Oshri (Aviram Oshri) pointed out that there is no evidence of being there in that region, at the time when Jesus was born, and has strong opinion that the Bethlehem of Galili is born in a place.) said, And opposing them, Jerome Murphy Copers will both support traditional view.
The ancient legacy of Jesus, associated with the birth of Bethlehem, has been certified by Christian Dharmamanya Justin Marter (Justin Martyr), a discussion made with Trypo (Trypo). 155-161) said that this holy family had taken refuge in a cave outside this city. In his writings on Alexandria (Orig en of Alexandria) of Alexandria,mentioned a cave in Bethelham in the city, which was the place of the local people as the birthplace of Jesus. This cave was probably the same as before Tamuz (Tammuz).
Islamic Rule and Religion-War
"Hay mar" (O ibn al-Khatab), in AD 637, the Muslim armies, the Omar Ibn al-Khtab (Uibn) took the other Khalifa Bathlehem, and promised that the church built on the birthplace of Jesus would be safe to use Christians. It was Omar, however, that he had a mosque on the spot where he had been prayers. Then Bethlehem went by control of Abbasids (AbbasidsUm) in the eighth century by the Islamic calligraphy and may in the ninth century. The Persian geographer has recorded in the mid-ninth century that there was a well-protected and highly respected church present in the city. In 1985, the Arab geographers Al-asiMuqaddi) traveled to Bethalham and discussed this "Basilica (Basilica of Concortine), common with nothing in the country". In 1009, this church (Church of the NU) was ordered to drop in place of birth in Jesus during the reign of sixth, Fatimid Khalifa al-Ib-Amr, to the birth date of Allah. But the local Muslim left it as they were allowed to pray in the southern part of the structure.
In 1099, the devout principles of the religion have captured Bethlehem, strengthened its security, and built a new monastery and vihara in the northern part of the Church Church of the Nativity. The Greek Orthodox plants were removed from their places and the units were appointed for them. Until then, there was the official Christian presence of Greek Orthodonx in the region. On the Christmas day of 1100, Baldwin I was born in the treasury Benjak Bethleum, the king of Frankish rule in Yerusalam, and a Latin medium-class epis copate was also established in this city the same year.
In 1187, the salday, the Sultan of Egypt and Syria, who led the Muslim fiyubids taken away the droom of the clemstones. Latin plants were compelled to leave the city and got a chance to return to Greek Orthodonks. In 1192, Saladin agreed to the return of two Latin priests and two sub-lobbies. However, the Bethlehem had to suffer the loss of businesses from pilgrims because the European pilgrims had suffered a lot in the number of pilgrims.
William IV (William IV), the reverse account (Count of Nevers) pledged the Christian bishop of Bethlehem to be the only one that if Bethlehem became under Muslim control, he would welcome the small town Cemaceae, which is currently in France's Birthday. Accordingly, in 1223 Bethlehem Bishop began staying at Panthenor, Clamsee's Hospital. In 1789, until the French revolution in 1789, the Claamsee was working on a religious-state of Bathalham (in Bish particles) for about 600 years.
In return of the 10 years of war-break between Ayyubid and the Dharmashastri, the Holy Roman emperor Frederick II (Frederick II) and Ayyubid Sultan Al-Kamil (al-Kamil), transferred with a treaty between Yerushalam, Nazareth and Siddhalam-collectively to the Dharmasalam Done. The treaty was abolished in 1239 and in 1244 the Muslims reseized them.
In 1250, under the powers of Ruk concany new change () under Rukn al-Day Din bars, the Muslim Bai reduced the tolerance of Christianity; The missionaries were abandoned, and were butchered in 1263. In the next century, Latin clerks returned to Bethlehem and established themselves in the monastery located near Basilica (Basilica of the ativity) of Jesus. The Greek Orthodonx community was given the control of the Bacilica and they shared the Milk Groto, Milk Group with the Latin and Armenian people.
Since 1517, during autuman control, dispute between Catholic and Greek OrthodonX churches over the control of Bacilica. By the end of the 16th century, Bethlehem had become one of the largest villages in Yerusalam district and was divided into seven parts. In this period, the basbus family, in addition to other leaders, provided their service as the heads of Bethlehem.
This guy always hung at wheat, barley and grapes. Muslims and Christians were organized as separate communities each had a leader; In the middle of the 16th century, five leaders represented this village, three of them. AutoMan's tax record shows that the Christian population was a little more rich or greedily, and the grain was more valuable than grapes.
From 1831 to 1841, Palestinian was under the Muhammad Ali dynasty of Egypt. During this period, the city was influenced by the incidents of an earthquake, as well as the destruction of a Muslim part by Egyptian military pieces in 1834, possibly by the assassination of a gracious loyal to Ibrahim Pasha. In 1841, Bethlehem once again came under autonomous rule in 1841 and stayed under it till the end of the First World War. Under the autonomous rulers, the inhabitants of Bethlehem faced the unemployment, compulsory military service and high taxes which resulted in a mass migration, particularly to the southern US. One of the 1850s American missionaries has provided some 4,000 of the population of less than "all of which belong to the Greek church." He also comments that "water is scarce" and so it never made a big city.
Bethlehem was administered through the British dictator from 1920 to 1948. Bethlehem was included in the exclusive international tenure of Jerusalem to the General Assembly of the United Nations (United Nations Assembly) on 1947, on the resolution of the Palestine Liberation Assembly of 1947, of which was to be governed by the United Nations.
During the Arab-Israeli war in 1948, Jordan occupied it. In 1947-48, several refugees fled in the territories of Israeli troops and ran to the Bethlehem area and were primarily settled in places which were later official in the North for Azza ('Azza) (Beit Jibrin) (Beit Jibrin) and "Aidah ishe in the South" heh) of the Refugees camp. This infiltration of refugees makes immutations of Bethlehem's Christian majority into a Muslim majority.
In the Six-Day War of 1967, Jordan maintained its control over the city till the West Bank other than Besthlehem was taken over by Israel. In 1995, in accordance with an interim agreement on the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the 21st December, 1995 was removed from all "Israeli blocks" and three days later the city came under the full administration and military control of the Palestinian National Authority (Ythat Palestinian Authority).
The second Palestinian Intifada (Yasser Arafat Intifada), which began in 19200-01, deprived Bathlehem's infrastructure and tourism industry, during the period, was much more damage. In 2002, it was an important in the major military act of operations, ensive of operations, Israel's military powers (Forces, the title of the isF), an IDF invasion, was the main war field.
The IDF (IDF) was on the birthplace of Jesus in the 1990s, where over 200 Palestinian Church terrorists took up the church as hostages. The seizure continued for 39 days and during this period nine terrorists and cathedrals were killed at the hour of the church. It ended with a compromise to 13 of the terrorists offered to various European nations and Maur Mauritania.
Sloanstands at , the surface of the the height of about 775 meters (2,543 ft.), high, 30 meters from the simneutral Yerusalam (98 ft.). Bethlehem is situated on the southern part of Ju Jewish (dean Mountains).
The city is located in the Gaza Gaza () and 73 kilometers of the Mediterranean Sea (45 miles) north-east, Amman, 75 kilometers (47 miles) in Jordan, 59 kilometers of Israel, South-east and 10 kilometers (6 miles) of Jerusalem. To its most watched cities include Beat Safafa (Beit Safafa) in the north and Jerusalem, Beit Jala (Hus Jala), Hasan (an) in the West, al-Kha-dr), Artas (Artas), and Beit Sahat in the east. Beat Jala and the later ones together run a contractions with Bethlehem and Aida and Azza refugee Camps stand within the city's borders.
Bethlehem center has its ancient city. This ancient city is composed of eight parts, which make the areas around Mangger Square (Segoe UI). In these parts the Christian Al-Najreh, Al-Farahieh, Al-Farahieh, Al-yeAnatreh, Al-Tarajameh, Al-Tarajmeh, Al-Qaeda, sawwasa and Hreizat Part and Al-Jazeera. (al-Fawaghreh)—include the only Muslim part—. The names of most Christian parts are kept in the name of those Arab or Gasanid communities which settled there. The Al-Qawwsa portion was created by the Arab Christian क़ु originals in the 18th century by Samipastha Nagar Tuqu. Inside the old city is also a Syrian region whose citizens have come to Miyat (Midyat) and Ma'asarte. The total population of this ancient city is about 5,000.
Bethlehem with hot and dry summer and cold cold weather is the Mediterranean climate in europe. The cold weather can be cold and rain (mid-December to mid-March). January is the most cold month, which is temperature from 1 to 13 degrees C (33-55 degrees F). The weather is full of hot and sunny from May to September. August 27 degrees Celsius (81 degrees F) with the high temperature of Fahrenheit is the hot month. Bethlehem on an average, contains only 700 mil limeters (27.6 in), of which 70% is between November and January.
The average annual percentage exchange of bathlehem is 60% and reached highest rates between January and February. In May the humidity levels of humility are minimum. Every year for 180 days the night can become obscene. It has to be influenced by winds that come from the Mediterranean, emerging from the middle of the day. However, Bethlehem is also influenced by the hot, dry, sand-filled and dust-ham heat that comes from the Arabian desert during April, May and Central June.
According to the 1997 CBS census, the population of this city was 21,670, including a total of 6,570 refugees, whose number is 30.3% of the city's population. In 1997, according to the age-distribution of residents in Bethlehem, 27.4% were under 10 years of age, 20% of people aged 10 to 19 years, 17.3% of residents accounted for 20-29 years, 17.7% were between 30 and 44 years, 1.2.1 The age of %1 was 45-64 and 5.3% had crossed the age of 65. The number of men was 11,079, and 10,594 of women.
According to a PCBS assessment, the population of Bethlehem in the middle-2006 was 29,930. However, in the year 2007 CBS (PCBS), the population was found that it was 25,266, that was 12,753 men and 12,513 women. The number of residents there was 6,709, out of which 5,211 families. The average number of members in the families was 4.8.
According to autuman-tax record, the number of Christians in the beginning of the sixteenth century was about 60% of the total population, while Christian and Muslim population had nearly equivalent until the middle-age of the sixteenth century. By the end of the century, no Muslim residents had left, and the number of male taxpayers was 287. The whole Ottoman area was forced to pay, as well as jizya-tax etc. In 1867, an American traveler named the city's population was between 3,000 to 4,000; that had about 100 protestants, 300 Muslim and "rest Armen from Latin and Greek churches and some Armenian."
In 1948, in the religious structure of the city, 85% Christians, most of Greek Orthodonx (Greek thodox) and Roman Catholic (olic Roman Catholic) are adherents, and 13% Sunni Muslims. By 2005, the number of Christian residents dwindled to about 20%. The only Mosque located in the ancient city is Oomar's Mosque (Mosque of Omar), which is located on Mangar Square (Segoe UI).
- Also see: Yasser
Most of the Christian residents of Bethlehem claim to have been sent to Arab Christians in an Arab Peninsula, including two of the largest Al-Farahiya and a non-Nazareh in the city. Prior to these group claims they are the descendants of Ghassanids who traveled for Wadi Musa on the present Joran of Jordan, and non-Nazareh people of South Nazaz. Another group of Bethlehem, Al-Anantreh (al-Anantreh), also combines its own genes with the Arabian peninsula.
This despite a percentages of Christians in Bethlehem, the evolution from the country is continual. The lower birth rates of Christians compared with the Muslim community are the reason for this decline. In 1947, Christians numbered 75% of the total population, but by 1998 this percentage fell to 23%. Bethlehem's current Mayor, Victor Bat Bathareh told the Voice of America (Voice of America) to "Tension, Physical, And Psychological, And Bad Economic Conditions, Many people, Whether They Are Christians Or Muslims, But It'S Been Showed More As Christians Because They Are."
The Palestine Authority (the Palestinian Authority), an official interlocutor, has been committed to equality of Christians in the Bethlehem area, though violence against them has been created by proventive entive security service (the Preventive Security Service) and terrorist groups.
The beginning of second intifada (second intifada) and the consequent fall in tourism has also affected Christian minorities, and many of them have physically shock, because they are the owner of many hotels and services, paying attention to the needs of foreign tourists. A statistical analysis, seen by the reasons why Christians leave this area, blames it for the reduction of economic and educational opportunities, particularly the middlemen of Christians, and for higher education. Since second intifada (second intifada), 10% of the population has left this city.
In 2006 a vote of Bethlehem Christians described by the Palestine Center for Research and Cultural Dialog ("Dialog") in Palestine was found to be "disgraced" by 90%, 73.3% "as our Muslim friends." The Palestinian National Authority (that "Palestine) concurred" with "Christian" in the city and stands "Palestinian National Authority". 8% saw the Israeli-visit restrictions in this field as the reason for Christendom.
The official status of the Hamas government is to support the Christian population of the city, though an increasing number of Islamic presence in the city, namely appealing to a mosque which had not been used in a Christian neighborhood for the first time and gives this party's criticism from time to time. Under the Jerusalem Post (Jerusalem Post), a Christian population under Hamas faces a dearth of law and order, left them unrealistic for local mafia to land, which takes advantage of the ineffective courts and their experience that Christianity is less likely to stand up in support by a population.
Shopping and industry
Shopping Bethlehem is one main area, particularly during the Christmas season. The city has a street and a queue of handicrafts, bakalawa, jewelry and eastern sweets, such as bakalava.
The history of making handicrafts in this city is as ancient as its foundation. Bethlehem shop, made of olive wood that has stolen olive from the local olive tip to which this city is famous. It's a major product of selling by tourists at tirels. Religious handicrafts are also one of the leading industries in Bethlehem and some of the products include jewels-of-pearlmotherwolds and wood sculptures, dinning and cross. Bethlehem was introduced by the art of making the Mother-of-Pearl Handicrafts by the French French trusties fri of Damascus during the fourteenth century. Cut stone and marble, Textile, Furniture and decorations are other main industries. There are also produced paints, plastic, synthetic rubber, drugs, construction material and food products, mainly pasta and confforum.
The Cremason Wine, a leading company based in Bethlehem, is the Cremysan Wine, established in 1885, who currently supplies wine to many countries. This vine is produced by monks living in the monastery of Kremison and most of the grapes are produced by the Al-Khader (al-Khader) area. The wine production of this monastery is about 700,000 liter per year.
Tourism is the primary industry of bathlehem, and, unlike other Palestinian settlements from the year 2000, most workers don't work in Israel. More than 25% of the working population had direct or indirect employment in the industry. Tourism in the city's economy contributes about 65% and Palestinian National Authority (YPA National Authority) to 11%.
On the birthplace of Church Jesus, the Church at Bethlehem is one of the main tourist attractions of Bethlehem and is like the magnet, that attracts Christian pilgrims. It is located near the middle of the city— see a part of mangar square (Segoe UI) - in a holi script, or on top of the cave where possibly Jesus was born. The nearby area is the Milk Groto, where the holy family flew up to Egypt and after that cave where saint jerom (St.). Jerome) spent thirty years translating the Hebrew texts into Latin.
Bethlehem has over thirty hotel. Jakir Palace (JacirPalace), built by church in 1910, is another one of the most successful hotels of Bethlehem, the oldest hotel in India. The second intifada (second intifada) violence was closed in 2000, but it was reopened in the year 2005.
On 21st May, 2008 Bethlehem hosted the largest economic conference till now. It was first taken by the Palestinian Prime Minister and the former finance minister Salam Fayad (Salam Fayad) to invest more than 1,000 merchants, bankers and government officials, on the West Bank and Gaza Strip, though then he admitted that these areas were "very far away from the proper commercial environment" directly because of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Even then, $1.4 billion was reserved for commercial investments in the Palestinian territories.
- Also see: Yasser umes
Before the establishment of Israel, Bethlehem, the wattles of Bethlehem and the Kashieanall Jews were popular in the coastal fields. Bethlehem and nearby village beet jala (Beit Jala) and Beat Sahur (Beit Sahour) women's poems were known as the professional producers of marriages and marriage. Bethlehem was a center of embroidery producing "a gross impact of colors and metallic brightness.
A few formal cloths were generally constructed in Bathlehem, and a wool from the local weeds was put on the basis of a dhoti. The pancellers, the three-winged cloths are made of silk and the small taqsireh jacket known as the Baathlehem jacket in the Palestinian areas; they were also worn over. Taqsireh was made broad or and it was generally very cloth sufficient.
The task of bathlehem was unique due to the use of silk, wool, namda (felt) or spinning of gold or silver wire, or silk with the leaves of flowers with free or circular lines. This technique was used to make marital ycloths used for shaatweh and shatweh wearing by married women. Some people identified it as the Biztium Empire (Byzantium), and others have identified it as more formal clothes of the high-class Ottoman Empire. As was a Christian village in Bethlehem, the local women were well known for the great embroidery and silver to the clothes of the church.
Mother-of Pearl Etkashi
Franciscan fri and Franciscan saars in the Pharms 14th Century made them know about the art of mother-Pearl'sof-pearl)and this was only a tradition of the city. As a significant Christian city, the Bethlehem position, for centuries, has been accompanied by a sustained flow of pilgrims. What is much more local work and income, for women, is also created which includes making the symbols of Mother-of-Pearl. This is mentioned by Richard Pocke, who visited the city in 1727.
Current products include cross, ears tires, burning pin, Palestinian maps, and frames of images.
Cultural Center and Museum
Belthelham has located the Pelestinian Heritage Center, which was founded in 1991. The center aims to protect and propagate Palestinian emanating, art and folk literature. The International Center of Bethlehem is another cultural center of Bethlehem, primarily concentrates on the culture of Bethlehem. It provides language and guide training, the study of women and arts and crafts and training.
Edward Said is located in Said a branch of the National ConservEdwardNational convention of Music) and is around 500 students. The main aims are to educate children about music, to train the teachers for other schools, to develop music research, and to study Palestinian public literature.
There are four museum inside the urban area of Bethlehem. The Krib of the Nativity Theater and ativity of the CriNtribunal (3D) present 31-dimensional (3D) model for the tourists, illustrating the important stages of life in Jesus. An enamored show of twenty minutes is presented to the theater. In the ancient city of Bethlehem, the Bad Giasana amanMuseum was built in the 18th century, and it is centered primarily on the history and process of olive oil.
Baituna al-ham-talahami, Museum which was founded in 1972, includes the culture of the inhabitants of Bethalham. The creation of International Museum Music of ativity (International) is designed to show the performance of "high quality" in an open environment Educational through the United Nations Organization, Scientific and Cultural Organization (United Nations, Scientific and Cultural Organization) (UNESCO) (UNESCO).
Bethlehem christmas tend to be held on three different dates: On December 25, there is a traditional date for the Roman Catholic and Protestant sects, but it celebrated Greek, Coptic, Syrian Orthodox Church, Christian 6 January, and American Orthodonx Christian, 19 January. Most of the Christmas procession is due to a plan outside the Basilica (Basilica of the Nativity), in place of birth, in Christ. Catholic Prayer, St. Catherine (St. Catholic) Mr. Catherine disappears in the Church of Catherine and the Protestant often sponsors in the She Lepherds.
Like all the other Palestinian settlements, the Bethlehem also includes all the festival festivals and holy places. Feast of St George (Feast of Saint George), held on 5-6 May (al-Khadr) is an annual event. During this festival, the Greek Orthodox Christians in the city are turned to the city of near al-Kha Khader (al-der) near a procession, where the water found in the water, located near St George's monastery is worshiped and the instrument is to make alms-leg. Feast of St. Elijah (Feast of St). Eli jah) is celebrated by a procession advanced to the north of Bethlehem by a Greek orthodocx monastery, Mar Marah Elias (Eli as).
Bethlehem, the city of Bethlehem, is muhfaza (muhfaza) or capital of district.
While the municipal council elections were for the first time in 1876, at Bethlehem decided to choose the chiefs of the former section of Bethalham (except the territory) for the seven members representing each creed in the city. A fundamental law was created that if the ruler of the Mayor position champion is a Catholic, he should be associate with the Greek Orthodonx community.
From the beginning to the end, the British rule of Bethlehem, the Syriac section (SyriacQuarter) was allowed to join this election, and so also the 'Amrah Baydiac and Palestine' refugees were allowed to grow in the council with the need of eleven members of the city. In 1976, an amendment got the permission to vote and join the Council to vote and give the vote-age to 21 years after polling was raised to 25 years.
Today, Bethlehem Nagar Council has a fifteen elected member including Mayor and Vice-Mayor. According to a Special Act, the majority of the members of Mayor and the Town Council have to be Christian, while the rest are free and are not restricted to any religion.
This Council has many branches of political parties, including communist, Islamist and secular. PALESTINE LIBERATION ORGANIZATIONS ON RESERVED SEATS (PALO) A LEFT-LEFTILIZATION OF PLO (PLO), SUCH AS POPULAR FRONT OF THE Liberation OF PALESTINE (Popular Front FOR THE Liberation) (PFLP) AND PALESTINE PEOPLE'S PARTY (PPP). * Hamas won most of the 2005-odd seats in the Palestinian Civil Election campaign.
The 2005 Bethlehem City Corporation's elected candidate for election
|3||Brotherhood & Development (PFLP)||Victor Bataseh||Friends|
|2||United Bethlehem (Fatah and PPP)||Anton Salman||Friends|
|3||Reform (Hamas)||Hasan al-Salma||☪|
|4||United Bethlehem||Afram Asmari||Friends|
|5||Wafa (Palestinian Islamic Jihad)||Isa Zavahra||☪|
|6||United Bethlehem||Khalil Chiwaka||☪|
|7||Reform (Hamas)||Khalid Jadu||☪|
|8||Hope & Labor||Zughbi Zughbi||Friends|
|9||Reform (Hamas)||Nabil Al-Humaymi||☪|
|10||Reform (Hamas)||Saleh Chiwaka||☪|
|11||Reform (Hamas)||Yusuf al-Nattsa||☪|
|12||Brotherhood & Development (PLP)||Nina' Etwan||Friends|
|13||Brotherhood & Development (PLP)||George Sa'Ada||Friends|
|15||United Bethlehem||Duha al-Bandok||Friends|
By law of city, Bethlehem must be a Christian of Mayor and Vice-Mayor.
| || |
According to PALESTANIAN CENTRAL BUREAU of STATTICS (PCBS) (PCBS) (PCBS) (PCBS) (PCBS) (PCBS) Statistics) (PCBS), 84% of the population better than 10 years was educated. Out of the city's population, 10,414 people entered school (4,015 people entered primary school, 3,578 people and 2,821 people attended high school). Students of high secondary school about 14.1% have earned diploma. In 2006, Bethlehem's governor-bank had 135 schools; Of these, 100 were powered and 28 were private by the Department of State for Education, the Seven United Nations Relief and Works Agency (United Nations Relief ief and Works Agency), sponsored by the State Department (UNRWA).
Bethlehem is located at the University of Bethlehem, an Catholic Christian co-education Institute in 1973 Lasallian tradition, which is open to students who believe in all religious beliefs. Bethlehem University is the first university founded in West Bank and its roots could be traced to 1893, when Dey thers Christian Brothers (De La Salle Brothers) opened schools in Palestine and Egypt.
Bethlehem contains three bus stations owned by private companies, Jerusalem of Yerusalam (Beit Jala), Beat Salah (idi), Beat Sabar (Hit Sahour), Hbron (Hebron), Nahalin (Bat), Arrow (tir), Al-Khader (al-Kha), Al-Bediya (al-bedi), and Beit fajar offer services for the Fajjar. There are two taxi stations here, which make visits to Beat Sahur (Beit Sahour), Bit Jala (Jerusalem), Yerushalam (tukku), tukku) and Herodium (Herodium). There are two sectors where rent cars are also: Murad (Muad) and abi The "Orabe". Buses in the West Bank's license and taxi without permits are not allowed to enter Israel, including Jerusalem.
The West Bank, the Children of Israel, has a politically, economically and more efficacy on Bethram. This naka has emerged from houses built in the northern area of the city, one at a stretch in front of "Aida's refugee camp, and on the other hand, only a few meters away from the Jerusalem Municipal Corporation."
Most of the entry and exit of the West Bank are now under the direct inquiry centers and obstacles from the bathletes and loods. Changes the level of regression according to Israel's safe instructions. The Palestinian residents of Bethlehem are regulated by a permit system to regulate the travel to Yerussalem, the West-Bank, on Jerusalem. The introduction permit which worked in various ways as an urban shelter for Bethlehem in the past has become far more scarce than the beginning of the violence from the second interfere, although in later years, Israel has built a terminal for easy locomotion between these two small cities.
Palestinians are not allowed to enter the holy place in the non-invasion of rachel in the city's outside. Since the Kund (Solomon Pools) of the neighborhood Solomon who is located in the Area A(PNA), Both military and civil administration, since the Rally's citizens are prevented from entering here without permits received from the Israeli military officers.
- Also see: List of twin towns and cities in Khile
Twin City - Doubles City
Bethlehem's twist with:
| || |
- Bethalham Star
- Galiley Ke Bethlehem
- Municipal elections in Bethlehem, 2005
- Amar a, "Muhammad (1999). Politics and sociolical refl exes: That fire border villages (Illustrated version). John Benjamins The Publishing Company. INS 9027241287, 9789027241283 Check the value of
|isbn=: invalid character (help).
- Brynen, Rex (2000). A very political economy: the building and the West Bank and Gaza (known as Illustrated Edition) US Institute of Peace. INS 1929223048, 9781929223046 Check the value of
|isbn=: invalid character (help).
- Vermes, Geza (2006). The ativity: History and Legend. Penguin Press
- Edwin D., Freed (2004). Stories of Bir Jesus. Continuum International
- Sanders, E. P. (1993). "The Histor ical figure of Jesus." Cite journal requires
- Crossan, Stronic; Watts, Coloridder G.. Who is? Histor Answers to Your Questions. Westminster KnockPress
- Dun n, James D. G. (2003). Jesus Remembered: Christianity in the Making. Eerdpress mans
- Mills, Watson E.; Bullard, Roger Aubrey (1990). Mercer Dictionary of the Bible. 5. Mercer University Press
- Tay lor, Joan E. (1993). Christians and the HolyPlaces. Oxford
- Strle, Guy (1890). Under none of the slems A Description of Syria and the Holy from A.D. 650 to 1500. Committee of the Khalil Agency Fund. http://books.google.com/?id=ENANAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA493&dq=Lajjun+Guy+le+Strange. Return date: 2009-07-22
- Paul Read, Pirs (2000). The Templ ars. Macmillan. ISBN 0312266588.
- Thom son, vered W.M. (1860). the Land Book and the World Cite journal requires
- "Projected Mid -Year Population for Bethlehem Governorate by Locality 2004-2006". Yasser Central Bureau of Statistics. Archived by original on 16th June, 2008. Return date 2008-01-22.
- The West Bank Archived 30th June, 2007 at the weblog machine. Local Ella German (Round)- candidates by local authority, gender and No. of obtained Votes, Bethlehem p 23
- "2007 PCBS Census" (PDF). That Yasser Central Bureau of Statistics. P. 117. Archived (PDF) from original on 10 December 2010. Return date 2009-04-16.
- Amra, 1999, pages. The 18 Archived 21 October 2014 at the weback machine.
- Burns, 2000, pages. 202? Archived 21 October 2014 at the weback machine.
- Kaufman, other guy; Kat z, Marsa S. (2006-04-16). "In the West Bank, Politics and Tourism Remain Bound Inextricably - New York Times." The New York Times. Archived by original on 15th June, 2013. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Places to Visit In & Around Bethlehem Hotel - Bethlehem." Archived on 3rd November 2011 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "History of Bethlehem." Bethlehem Municipality. Archived on the original 13th January, 2008. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Pati, Martin (2007-12-22). "Better times return to Bethlehem." BBC News. BBC MMVIII. Archived on original 6 January 2014. Return date 2008-01-22.
- 'Oxford' logic guides: The Holly Land "Jerome Murphy-O'Conner, P. 198-199, Oxford University Press, 1998, ISBN 0-19-288013-6
- "INTERNATIONAL DICTIONARY OF HISTRICK PLES: Clause 4, Middle East and Africa, Trudy Rings, K. A Burne, Robert M. Sulkin, Sharon La Boda, Nolla Watson, Paul Schellinger, Page 133, Taylor & Francis, 1996ISBN 1-884964-03-6
- Gen. 35:16, Gen. 48:27, Ruth 4:11
- Micah 5:2
- Sam 17:12
- Luke 2:4
- Sam 16:4-13
- Sam 23:13-17
- Bethlehem's history Bethlehem homepage
- Matth ew 2:1-23
- Vermess, 2006, Page 64.
- Micah 5:2
- Free, 2004, page 77.
- Vermess, 2006, Page 22.
- Sanders, 1993, page 85.
- Crosson and Watts, pages 19.
- Dune, 2003, PP 344-345.
- Mills and Bullard, 1990, PP.445-446. See Mark 6:1-4 Archived 30 November 2011 at the weback machine. And John 1:46 Archived 18 December 2013 at the weeback machine.
- The unreram Oshri, "Where is the birth of Jesus", Archeological, Block 58 No.6, November/December 2005.
- Jerome Murphy-O'Connor, Bethlehem...The Commerce Archived Archie Archives on March 10 2009 at the weback machine., reviewing Bible Archeology
- Taylor, 1993, PP 99-100. "Yusuf... Tuk Up His Quarters in a Servant Kevo the Village; And Wyl de Wyer's Deir My Brot Forth the Crime and Placed Him in a Manger, and the Maggie Who's From Arabia Found Him." (Justin Murtier, Diego Viith Traffo, Chapter LXXVIII).
- The Bethlehem cave is shown where they were born and the one in the cave that wrapped them in a tower. And the belief among the rumors and the foreigners in those places that Jesus, in fact, was born into this cave which was worshiped and respected by the Christians. (ORISES, CONTRAST SALASM, BOOK I, CHAPTER LI).
- Taylor, 1993, PP 96-104.
- "Mosque of Omar, Bethlehem." Atl as Travel and Tour ist Agency. Archived by original on 28 April 2017. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Le Strange, 1890, PP 298-300.
- "Church of the Nativity Bethlehem." Bethlehem, West Bank,: Sacred-inations.com. Archived on 16 February 2014 from original. Return date 2009-10-29.
- De sivory: L. "Dictionnaire de Geographie Ecclesiastique", page 375., 1852 Aid, Bishop of books of books of books out of bathleum
- Paul Reed, 2000, Page 206.
- Singer, 1994, page 80.
- Singer, 1994, page 33.
- Singer, 1994, page 84
- Thomson, 1860, Page 647.
- W.M. Thomson, Page 647.
- "Bethlehem." Archived by original on 14th October 2013. Access date September 6, 2010.
- "IMEU: Maps: 2.7 - Jerusalem and the Corpus Separatum proposed in 1947". Archived on 29th July, 2013 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- A Jerusalem Timeline, 3000 years of the City's History, Arched 9 January 2009 at the Weblog machine. (2001-02) National Public Radio and BBC BBC News
- About Bethlehem Cultural Heritage Center vs. Bethlehem
- Bethlehem district in population Bethlehem.s
- "Palestinian Facts Timeline: 1994-1995". Foreign Affairs of Young Yasser Archived on 29th July, 2013 from original. Return date 2008-03-29.
- Kessel, Jerrold (1995-12-24). Muslims, Christians in celebrate Bethlehem. CNN News. My News Network. Archived on 31st July 2013 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Office for the ordination Coordin of HumarianNitrers & Office of the Ceciator for the CearProcess in the Middle East (2004). "Costs of Conflict: The Changing of Bethlehem (PDF). The United Nations. Archived (PDF) from original to 29 July 2013. Return date 2009-07-22. Najamaada Parchal
- "Better times return to Bethlehem." BBC News. 2007-12-22. Archived on original 6 January 2014. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Vat ican outrage over church siege". BBC News. BBC MMIII. 2002-04-08. Archived on original from 9 January 2014. Return date 2008-03-29.
- "Tourism In Bethlehem Governorate". That's Yasser National Information Center. Archived on 30 December 2007 from original. Access date September 6, 2010.
- Archived 6 November 2018 at the West Bank machine from Tel Aviv., the Archived 6 November 2018 at Wetlehem Machine. Time and Date S / Stefan Thorsen
- Detailed maps of the West Bank
- Center for the Development of Bethlehem
- The Clans-2 Archived 19 October 2013 at the Webback machine. Macedonian vices: Oral history and cultural practices in the Mediterranean city
- Tkoya' Region Jitter, Leela. Center for the preservation of culture and history.
- A small observation of the Bato family Archived Archived 14 September 2012 at Archive.is Bat oFamily.com
- "Bethlehem City: Climate." Bethlehem Municipality. Archived by original on 28 November 2007. Access date September 6, 2010.
- Ellen Claire, Eastern Sample Notes, Syrian And Palestine Tents In School And Life. Edinburgh: William Olivia and the Company. 1871. Page 148.
- Hadawi, Palm. "Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership is none." Archived from original on 5 August 2008. Access date September 6, 2010. Najamaada Parchal
- Census of Israel Central Bureau
- Area, sex and age Palestinian population by a group of years: Bethlehem Governor Archived Archaya on January 11, 2012 at the Webback machine. (1997) Palestinian Central Bureau of statistics. regained on 23-12-2007.
- "Yasser Population by Locality and Refugee Status". That Yasser Central Bureau of Statistics. Archived on 16 May 2012 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Andre a Pacini (1998). SocioPolitical and Community Community Christians of Jordan, Israel, and the Territories. Clarendon Press. Pp , 282. INS 0-19-829388-7
- "Bethlehem Christians Worry About Takeover Bir, Jesus' thplace". 2005-05-19. Archived on February 13, 2008 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Bethlehem, the holi land's creative floral national identity: A Palestinian Arab Historical Personal Archived permission Archived 24 July 2008 at the Webback machine. Musalalam, Adnan. Bethlehem University.
- Jim Teeple (24 December 2005). "Christians appearing the Bir of Jesus". Voice of America. Archived on 2nd May 2008 from original. Return date 2009-07-22.
- other guy Raab (5 January 2003). "The agu Beleered Christians of the rolled-ContasAre: Official DomPA of Christians." Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs. Archived by original on 18th August, 2013. Return date 2009-07-22.
- "O, Muslim town of Bethlehem." the Daily Mail. Archived by original on 29th September, 2007. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Marsh, Leon ard (2005). "Yasser Christianity -A Study in Religion and Politics" International Journal for the Study of the Church Christian. 57 (7): 147-66. DOI:10.1080/14742250500220228. Najamaada Parchal
- "Americans not sure where Bethlehem is, reference shows". esia. 2006-12-20. Archived on 3rd December, 2013 from original. Return date 2007-05-07.
- Joerg Luyken (21 December 2006). "Is Christianity dying in Bethlehem?" Jerusalem Post. Archived on 30 December 2007 from original. Return date 2009-07-22.
- The Khaled Abu Toameh (January 25, 2007). "neighbors Bethlehem Christians." Jerusalem Post. Archived on original 11th January, 2012. Return date 2009-07-22.
- Kershner, Isabel (2007-03-11). "That Look's a Year of oubles" thatChristiansYasser Arafat back. New York Times. Archived 22 from original on February 2019. Return date 2009-07-22.
- "Bethlehem Municipality (Site Under Construction)". Archived 26 on February 2008 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Bethlehem: Shopping". Tour istHub. Archived on 30 July 2013 from original. Return date 2009-07-22.
- "fts Handicrafts: Olive-wood carving". Bethlehem Municipality. Archived by original on 21 November 2007. Access date September 6, 2010.
- "Economy: Tourism". Bethlehem.ps. Return date 2008-03-29.
- Jahsan, Ru by. "Wine". The Center for Cultural ervation. Archived on original 17 November 2007. Return date 2008-01-29.
- "Bethlehem's ggles Struo". The greedy-zeira Angreji. Archived by original on 6th March, 2008. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Jasir Palace, Intercontinental Bethlehem Ri-Out for Business Archived 3 on December 2013 at the Weblog machine. Intercontinental Hotel Group
- The Archived 6 January 2014 at the Webback machine for Business. Makbul, Aleem. BBC News (BBC) BBC (BBC) MMVIII. 21-05-2008. regained on 22-05-2008.
- "Palestinian costume 1948: by region". Costume Archives. Archived by original on 24th October 2006. Return date 2008-01-28.
- Stillman, Yedida Kalfon (1979). That's Yasser costume and wel jery. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press. Pp , 46. ISBN 0-8263-0490-7.
- "Bethlehem Municipal Corporation." Archived by original on 21 November 2007. Access date September 6, 2010. Context error:
<ref>is an invalid tag; The name "BM" has been defined multiple times in different contents
- Mad, PP. 128., 280, n.30
- A description on the east and some of the other country Archived 7May 2016 at the welback machine., page 436
- "Palestine Maps." Archived by original on 31st October 2008. Access date September 6, 2010.
- "Picture Frames". Archived by original on 31st October 2008. Access date September 6, 2010.
- "That That That That That That Payer Heritage Center: Objectives." Archived on original 12 November 2007. Access date September 6, 2010.
- "The Edward National Conserv Said Laboratory of Music." Archived 14 February 2008 from original. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Christmas in Bethlehem". Sacred DESTINY inations. Archived by original on 24th September, 2009. Return date 2008-01-22.
- St George's Bethlehem.ps.
- Archeological Council of the Town Council during Jordan and British periods on August 13, 2008 at the welback machine. Bethlehem Town Council.
- "Bethlehem Municipality (Site Under Construction)". Archived by original on 18th January, 2008. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Municipalities". Archived 21 on February 2007 from original. Access date September 6, 2010.
- "Bethlehem Municipality." Archived on original 27 December 2007. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "That's that cause that of Yasser Population (10 years and over) by Locality, Educational Sex Attainment". That Yasser Central Bureau of Statistics. Archived on original 13th November 2010. Return date 2008-01-22.
- Statistics General Education in Khalil 2005-2006 (PDF). Education Minister of the National Authority. Archived (PDF) from 14 October 2006. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Bethlehem University - History". Bethlehem university. Archived by origin on 19 January 2008. Return date 2008-01-22.
- "Bethlehem Public Transport System." Archived on original 27 December 2007. Return date 2008-01-22.Bethlehem municipal corporation.
- "An Impact of all separrier'scommunitiess Place Bank affected West Bank - OCHA update report #2 (30 September 2003). Return date 2008-01-22.
- John Dugard. "The violation of human occupied rights in the territories agreement, the secret to January 17, 2006." Commission on Human Rights. Return date 2008-01-22.
- inning with Khalil. © 1998-2008 The Crown inning Lives. Archived by original on 28th June, 2012. Return date 2008-11-29.
- The City of Bethlehem inning signed agreements a twin cities which Bethlehem is the municipal corporation.
- "Bethlehem Municipality:::". www.bethlehem-city.org. Archived on 24th July, 2010 from original. Return date 2009-10-10.
- Jérôme Steffenino, Marguerite Masson. "Ville de Grenoble - Coopérations et villes jumelles". Grenoble.fr. Archived by original on 14th October 2007. Return date 2009-10-29.
- "Milano - Città Gem ellate." © 2008 Municipality of Milan (Comune di Milano). Archived from original on 10 April 2014. Return date 2008-12-05.
- Aunthamianto de Zaragoza. Archived 13th October 2007 at the Webback Machine.Hemantos with Protos de Collaborization Archived 13 October 2007 at the Webback machine.
- Sacramanto Bee
|Bethlehem is related to Wikimedia Commons.|
- Bethalham Municipality
- Bethlehem Peace Center
- Page on the Francisco Society of Holy Land
- Bible Land Library
- Bethlehem 200 project
- Open Bethlehem Civil Society Project
- Bethlehem: Muslim-Christian lived together
- Photos: Christmas in Bethlehem, 2008
- Photo Gallery of Bethlehem
Template: Bethlehem Governorate pattern: Cities in the West Bank